Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Little Night Music

Today's NaBloPoMo prompt asks if you listen to music while you write, and I say, yes! But I take it even further than that. I listen to specific music while I create (whether on the computer, including digital scrapbooking, writing, or other craftiness),and while I work. I don't like anything too poppy (while I love the '80s and dance music, I feel that this can get me too hyped up) -- best to leave that for chores around the house, working out, or zooming down the highway. ^_^  I also don't want anything too, too mellow, as I don't want to fall asleep (again, I love classical music, but usually reserve it for Sundays).

But, to feel inspired, sometimes letting my mood elevate, sometimes letting it come down some, I listen to what people would classify as "New Age" music. However, I like to also throw in "Electronic(a)" because I think that more closely resembles my favorite genre of music to work by. Think of artists like Enya, Engima or Loreena McKennit (a little closer to the New Age), then throw in Secret Garden and Amethystium, then toss in Deep Forest, Delerium (yep, that's how it's spelled), and Sleepthief, to garner more of the electronic sound.

To me, this music inspires me, whether with the magical quality of the sounds, or with the story being told, it just makes me want to create! ^_^ (And it doesn't hurt that most of the time I feel transported to another world, but yet still can retain myself grounded in this one.)

And so, I leave you with a song I first heard on my Pandora New Age station, and it immediately brought a scene to my mind that I HAD to write a story around. (Hmm, is that a hint? ^_-)

This is Sleepthief's "Just Say It"



Love, love, love it!

And, if you're interested in any other of Sleepthief's music, check out their YouTube channel -- he does some AWESOME music videos (a little strange, but they totally fit the songs).

And, if you want me to share my New Age station with you, let me know! ^_^

2 comments:

M November 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

Do you like October Project and/or Mary Fahl?

Gabby November 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

I know you have mentioned them both to me in the past, and I keep forgetting to check them out. But, now that I have this comment, I shall remember!!! ^_^

Original template © to Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP