Monday, May 13, 2013

Linens, and Wicked, and Cake! Oh My!

The last few weeks have been busy with things at home, things out and about, and foodie things.


I've slowly been trying to put our bedroom together since our move some months ago (eep! almost 9!), but it needed to begin with the curtains. I bought the purple Ikat fabric over a year ago, and a friend of mine sewed them together to make some panels a few months back. Right before we moved we purchased an upholstered headboard, which has been the first headboard we've had since we were married. No kidding! We then got some simple natural linens, and then ... I waited for the final piece. And it finally went on sale! It's that lovely coverlet with a paisley design, and matching shams.

P52 Week 17: New Bed Linens

Now all the room needs is for some pictures to go over the bed (I have them, they just need to go up), and for a bed skirt -- do you know how hard it is to find an off-white bed skirt? *sighs* Unfortunately, I may have to go with "ivory." Here's hoping it's not too yellow!

~*~

And then, a weekend before Mother's Day, I took my mom to go see the musical Wicked! I've seen it before, but I wanted her to experience it. She loved it. It IS quite the production. You're not supposed to take pictures, but I managed to go near the stage AFTER the production was over and take a picture of the backdrop that greets you when you first enter. It's a map of Oz, with the Emerald City in the middle (with it's twinkly lights).

P52 Week 18: Wicked

~*~

And, to celebrate May, we had a May Day party at work, and I decided to be ambitious and attempt a delicious-looking dessert I had found via Pinterest—a Triple-Lemon Blueberry Cake (3 layers, with lemon juice, zest, extract, oh, and curd, so, maybe, technically, 4-Lemon ^_-).

P52 Week 19: Lemon Blueberry Cake

And, not an official P52 shot, but I got a pic of the inside. Yum!



I know, I know, I promised I would not try to post food pics for my Project 52, but ... I've never made a cake like this, so I HAD to take a picture of the success. Not only did it come out pretty, it was DE-LISH! (I added the sugared blueberries, as the frosting was a little plain because I could not get it to go yellow—I think I got the wrong kind of food coloring.)

So, there ya go! My last few weeks in review.



3 comments:

Charles Gramlich May 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM  

Beautiful colors on the linens! And even in the cake as well!

M May 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM  

I love the purple! And the curtains. And we had a terrible time finding an off-white bed skirt, too. We ended up going with a neutral beige because it looked better than ivory, which just made things looked mis-matched.

Erika June 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM  

Love the bedroom--looks like a magazine picture. Also, the sugared blueberries look so fancy! Great job!

Original template © to Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP