Monday, April 22, 2013

The Last Few Weeks

Lots of things going on, and I have not posted photos, but will do that now! ^_^

First off: good news! Brian got a job. It's a temporary/seasonal job with full-time hours working at the same company I work at. They expect to possibly offer him a permanent position in the next few months, but nothing is ever certain. Also, he had to take quite a substantial pay cut, since they claimed that was all they had in the budget right now. They also said that if/when they offer him a permanent position, it would come with a pay increase. Although, we don't know what that really mens in terms of dollars. Also, Brian had planned to go back to school this fall, and that's still the plan, so we'll see if this job will fit in with that.

Second: stupid news! Someone hit my car twice over the last two weeks. Brian and I have been carpooling and leaving my car parked near out apartment. We came home one day to see a scrape and a slight dent on my read driver's side. Not happy, but somewhat excusable, as the spaces are quite narrow. But last Wednesday I came home to very noticeable damage over my read driver's side tire. And, I am not happy. BUT, we believe we have a suspect. We even took photos and everything and they seem to match up. Thing is, I don't know how we go about even getting this person to admit what they did (if they even noticed, but how could they not?). Anyway, it's aggravating.

Third: fun news!! This past weekend, I got tickets to go see The Little Mermaid musical in Kansas City, Missouri. The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie, and I had wanted to see the musical while it was on Broadway, but it only lasted about a year, which made me sad. Since then, I have watched our local theaters to see if it was coming, but no such luck. Then, a random bit of events led me to discover that it was showing in 3 cities this summer, one of which is Missouri. I knew it would be a great little trip to go see the show, but also, Brian has lots of family up there (and his grandparents are only about half an hour away from Kansas City), so we thought it'd be nice to visit them too. We are also going to go with his dad and stepmom, so it should be a fun little vacay. We had thought, that with him not having a job and starting school soon we might not be able to have a vacay this year, but this will fit the bill nicely (and will probably be the last one we have for a few years, but that's okay). SO, I'm very excited about that!! ^_^ (And in a few weeks, I get to go see Wicked!)

And last, but not least, pictures!!


Went to a seminar where I learned about storm spotting. Now I'm an official Storm Spotter!

P52 Week 13: Storm Spotter

~*~

Twice a year, my church puts on a worldwide conference that we can watch from the comfort of our home. I usually take this time to work on a cross stitch project; it helps me stay awake. ^_^

P52 Week 14: Conference Weekend

~*~

While we enjoy the Kindle, there's nothing like a haul of free books from the library!

P52 Week 15: Library Books

~*~

The youth at church were having a silent auction to help pay for their summer programs, and I donated some handmade/designed cards.

P52 Week 16: Cute Cards for Charity


4 comments:

Charles Gramlich April 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM  

Happy storm spotting. At a distance!

Erika April 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM  

Yay for the job and vacation! Boo for consciousless drivers! Cute cards and cross stitch. Storm spotting, huh? I haven't thought about that as a hobby...yet. ;) Now I know who to call when the atmosphere starts brewing.

M April 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM  

You make the loveliest cards, Gabby! And I didn't know you cross stitched. I love to cross stitch while watching TV to keep my hands busy (and keep me from snacking).

Gabby April 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM  

Manda, thank you! I think I need to work on them more often. This one is quite large -- and it's a baby theme. So far, no one in my family is preggers (though maybe my niece sometime soon), so I need to get moving on it!

Original template © to Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP