I have had my trusty Sony Cybershot since April 2007, and I recently noticed that I am about to hit 10,000 shots taken with my camera! (It helps that I've been doing the 365 and I had some time out of town -- I started the year in the 4,600 range.)
So I knew I had to do something to celebrate, and I thought ... why not do a blog contest?!
Over the next few days (Thursday, June 17 to Sunday, June 20) I will take the 10,000th shot on my camera. To have a chance to win the contest and a prize, all YOU have to do is the following:
1) Leave a comment with your guess of which day I will take shot 10,000 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday) -- you don't have to leave a comment ON that day, just tell me which day you think it happened.
* All winning guesses will go into a drawing for a prize.
2) To increase your chances of winning, go to my Flickr site, then come back here and comment again, letting me know which photo of mine is one of your favorites, and why.
* Some good, recent photo sets include:
3) For yet another chance to win, blog about this contest on your own blog (you'll have to comment and let me know that you did so), linking to this specific post (if you click on the title itself, it'll take you to the specific URL for this post -- just copy and use that).
4) Contest ends on Monday, June 21 at midnight CT (1 am ET/11 pm MT/10 PT) -- that gives any of you with a busy weekend or Father's Day celebrations time to enter. (I will try and post results by Tuesday morning -- June 22.)
And that's it!
Yes, yes, that's all fine and dandy, but what will I win?!
The prize for the winner will be any hi-res photo of mine, of your choosing, printed on premium luster (semi-gloss) photo paper. I can go as high as 8x10, but if you would prefer smaller (5x7 or 4x6 I can do that -- it will still be on the larger paper though). And, I will possibly also include another goody or two (maybe a handmade card, or the like).
While I know that I'm not exactly a photographer, or probably even that good of an amateur, I'd like to think that my skills have increased over the last several years. And, it doesn't hurt that I use an awesome program like Lightroom to enhance many photos. I'm guessing, also, that if you're entering, it's because you'd like a photo, but maybe that's just crazy thinking. ^_^
So, good luck, and may the best or luckiest blog stalker win! ^_^